Updated: Oct 22, 2021
This week our players attended a presentation by EPL Auditor & Former Wolves Assistant Academy Manager Marc Campbell on Individual Learning Plans. You can review the recording using the zoom link below:
Access Passcode: &C1Rpf4.
Individual Learning Plan’s (ILP’s) are widely used at EPL academy programs in England and can provide you with an edge to accelerate your individual development as a player. They should be specific to your age, playing position and individual attributes.
Players in our training programs all receive a list of individual player attributes (technical/tactical/physical/psychological) that Fleetwood Town seek in terms of age & playing position. This information forms the basis of your our players Individual Learning Plans (ILP).
During the last two years I have been developing an individual player training system that, if followed, will allow you to successfully pursue training and trials opportunities at Fleetwood Town and other professional clubs in Europe.
The current success of Keito (Fleetwood Town), Nathaneal Clarke (C.F. Estrela da Amadora in Portugal), Tino Angelini (AC Perugia) and Jack Aktas ( FC Malaga) confirms that players who put the work in, both during our live and online training sessions) will succeed. In addition, players have to be doing the extra’s on their own that we provide via my home training APP www.ianmcclurglearnperform.com & the daily home home training content that I post on our players online training platform 360 App https://en-us.360player.com/
All these players took full advantage of the live & online Training resources I have provided in the last 2 years and taken their game to a much higher level.
WHAT IS THE IAN MCCLURG LEARN PERFORM TRAINING SYSTEM ?
This training system helps allow youth players aged 10-16+ to duplicate the training hours completed by academy players at professional clubs in Europe. It has 4 components:
1) BENCHMARK PERFORMANCE TESTING - These are a series of technical & physical tests completed by Fleetwood Town and other EPL academies in England that we share with our players to complete in order to track their performance improvements
2) GOAL-SETTING - as Marc mentioned in his presentation players should set short/medium/long-term goals. I have shared a template with our players on how to formulate and review their short/medium/long-term goals on a consistent basis
3) Individual Learning Plans - Watch Marc’s presentation to learn more on the advantages of ILP's.
4) TRAINING (THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT) - OUR PLAYERS HAVE ACCESS TO LIVE TRAINING X1 OR X2/WEEK + ONLINE TRAINING VIA ZOOM X2/WEEK (WITH RECORDINGS) + MY TRAINING APP (www.ianmcclurglearnperform.com) + DAILY HOME TRAINING CONTENT POSTED VIA AN ONLINE PLAYER PLATFORM
5) Performance Analysis - We record our training sessions using VEO https://event.veo.co/ and share these recordings with our players so that they can review their individual performances after every training session and reflect on what they did well and performance areas that they can work on to improve
TYPICAL TRAINING WEEK - IAN MCCLURG LEARN PERFORM TRAINING
Monday: 4pm zoom training session & review VEO recording from Sunday’s session
Tuesday: 6pm Training session Ancaster Sports Centre or compete training session from my training App
Wednesday: 4pm zoom training session & review VEO recording from last night’s live training session
Thursday: Complete training session from my App
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 8am training session & complete technical & physical testing (360 APP)
Sunday: 8am training session + Fleetwood Town Speed session (360 App Calendar) + review VEO Recording from yesterday’s training session.
The question that I get asked the most is what does it take to play professional football. This is what it takes and players such as Theo Corbeanu (Wolves) and the others mentioned above have proven that.
SUCCESS IS A CHOICE & THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS!